The following document describes a how to add a FLIR TrafiSense camera to an existing Acyclica device installation.
Equipment & Setup Checklist
- Acyclica device with firmware v5.0.8 or later
- FLIR TrafiSense with firmware v1.02.P01 or later
- Acyclica device must be on the same physical network as the FLIR TrafiSense camera
NOTE: After configuring the FLIR sensor in the RoadTrend web configuration interface, you will need to contact support to complete the connection through the Acyclica Go web application.
FLIR Camera Configuration
- Connect a computer on the same network as the TrafiSense cameras.
- Use FLIR's TCT (Traficon Configuration Tool) application to connect to the cameras.
- In TCT, click on the Settings menu, then Apply extended network parameters/functions.
- Under the General tab of the camera menu area, click on Network time protocol and ensure the NTP server name field is empty.
Figure 1: Acyclica Web Configuration: Traficon Configuration Tool
VSO (FLIR TrafiSense)
- Connect to a computer on the same network as the Acyclica device and log into the device's web configuration page.
NOTE: The computer must be on the same subnet as the Acyclica device.
Default Network Settings:
- IP Address: 192.168.1.10
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Web Configuration Password: temppwd
- Click on the FLIR Devices tab.
Figure 2: Acyclica Web Configuration Interface - FLIR Devices tab
- Enter the FLIR camera(s) IP address(es), then click the Save Changes button.
- If you are adding multiple cameras, the Add button will allow you to do so.
- If the cameras are powered by a TI x-stream card, please add that device's IP into the field for the TI x-stream.
- Log into the Acyclica Go site using your account credentials.
- Type the device's serial number (found in the web configuration interface) into the search bar on the top left of the page and select FLIR - <Serial Number>.
Figure 3: Acyclica Go - Search Bar
- Every presense or data zone will be displayed for the camera. Each zone is listed in the following syntax: <Serial of the FLIR Camera><Zone ID>
Figure 4: Acyclica Go - FLIR Device Information Window
NOTE: Only one type of zone can be used per camera; either of presence or data zones, but not both.
The camera zones can be grouped together to create Count Stations, where zones are summed together.
- Select the FLIR unit in Acyclica Go.
- Scroll to the bottom of the VSO Device Information Window and click on the Create Count Station button.
Figure 5: Acyclica Go - FLIR Device Information Window
- Select the camera zones that are to be grouped together and then hit Save.
Figure 6: Acyclica Go - Zone Configuration
- Enter a name for the Count Station, then hit Save.
Figure 7: Acyclica Go - Create Count Station Window
Now when VSO Analytics are run, there is an option to see the volume counts by Count Station, or by individual zones.
Figure 8: Acyclica Go – Volume Graph by Count Station
Figure 9: Acyclica Go – Volume Graph by Zone