The following document describes a how to add a FLIR TrafiSense camera to an existing Acyclica device installation. Please note that as of firmware v1.06.P01, the TrafiSense can be configured to send VSO data to our platform over the network without additional hardware.
Equipment & Setup Checklist
- Acyclica device with firmware v5.0.8 or later
- FLIR TrafiSense with firmware v1.02.P01 or later
- Acyclica device must be on the same physical network as the FLIR TrafiSense camera
NOTE: After configuring the FLIR sensor in the RoadTrend web configuration interface, you will need to contact support to complete the connection through the Acyclica Go web application.
FLIR Camera Configuration
- Connect a computer on the same network as the TrafiSense cameras.
- Use FLIR's TCT (Traficon Configuration Tool) application to connect to the cameras.
- In TCT, click on the Settings menu, then Apply extended network parameters/functions.
- Under the General tab of the camera menu area, click on Network time protocol and ensure the NTP server name field is empty.
Figure 1: Acyclica Web Configuration: Traficon Configuration Tool
VSO (FLIR TrafiSense)
- Connect to a computer on the same network as the Acyclica device and log into the device's web configuration page.
NOTE: The computer must be on the same subnet as the Acyclica device.
Default Network Settings:
- IP Address: 192.168.1.10
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Web Configuration Password: temppwd
- Click on the FLIR Devices tab.
Figure 2: Acyclica Web Configuration Interface - FLIR Devices tab
- Enter the FLIR camera(s) IP address(es), then click the Save Changes button.
- If you are adding multiple cameras, the Add button will allow you to do so.
- If the cameras are powered by a TI x-stream card, please add that device's IP into the field for the TI x-stream.
- Log into the Acyclica Go site using your account credentials.
- Type the device's serial number (found in the web configuration interface) into the search bar on the top left of the page and select FLIR - <Serial Number>.
Figure 3: Acyclica Go - Search Bar
- Every presense or data zone will be displayed for the camera. Each zone is listed in the following syntax: <Serial of the FLIR Camera><Zone ID>
Figure 4: Acyclica Go - FLIR Device Information Window
NOTE: Only one type of zone can be used per camera; either of presence or data zones, but not both.
The camera zones can be grouped together to create Count Stations, where zones are summed together.
- Select the FLIR unit in Acyclica Go.
- Scroll to the bottom of the VSO Device Information Window and click on the Create Count Station button.
Figure 5: Acyclica Go - FLIR Device Information Window
- Select the camera zones that are to be grouped together and then hit Save.
Figure 6: Acyclica Go - Zone Configuration
- Enter a name for the Count Station, then hit Save.
Figure 7: Acyclica Go - Create Count Station Window
Now when VSO Analytics are run, there is an option to see the volume counts by Count Station, or by individual zones.
Figure 8: Acyclica Go – Volume Graph by Count Station
Figure 9: Acyclica Go – Volume Graph by Zone