This article will help you to configure Travel Time Alerts for a route in your client group. Please note, you must be a Config Admin in the client group of the route for which Travel Time Alerts are being configured.
Travel time alerts can be set on any created route. A travel time alert will send an email to your user when certain thresholds are exceeded. If the alert is set with a Threshold of 120, Triggers of 3 and Time Bins of 15, then this alert will trigger if there are is an average travel time of 120 seconds in three consecutive 15-minute spans. These alerts can be created as follows:
- Select the route.
- In the Info Pane, select Manage Travel Time Alerts.
- In the window that opens, select the days of the week for the alert.
- Select the hours of the day for the alert.
- Enter a travel time threshold in seconds. Travel times over this threshold will bin together to potentially trigger the alert. (Defaults to 120 seconds)
- Enter the number of times a travel time must be over the threshold per bin before it triggers the alert. (Defaults to 3)
- Enter the time frame for a travel time alert to be binned. (Defaults to 15 minutes)
- Select Save to save this alert.
Using the default settings, if the average travel time for your route is calculated at over 120 seconds more than 3 times within a 15-minute interval, then the alert will trigger. That requires 45 minutes of above average travel times to trigger the alert.